Simple Arugula and Bocconcini Salad with Creamy Dressing
We’ve really been having an awesome summer here in Ontario.
Plus, we just got back from vacation in Calgary, Alberta, which was too short and an absolute blast.
On the way home from vacation, I did something I’ve never done before.
I stopped for groceries.
Yes, that’s right.
After a week of traveling with 2 young kids, fresh from a 3.5 hour flight, I went to the grocery store.
I know right?!
It was something I had never done before and was not the easiest choice but WOW am I glad I did.
I made a grocery list on the way to the store from the airport and focused on fresh stuff.
Because I knew we were totally devoid of fresh fruits and veggies since we were just getting back.
(And no, kids and hubby did not come in the store with me. That would be a bit much.)
This Simple Arugula and Bocconcini Salad with Creamy Dressing was born that day!
In need of a nice big hit of veggies, I threw together this salad.
Arugula I haven’t loved in the past but I find I’m getting into it’s peppery taste (and need change up from spinach and kale.)
Bocconcini is often in the house – it’s a go-to cheese for the toddler and I love having it around to make my Easy Baby Pasta Risotto.
Everything else is focused on fresh, fresh, fresh.
(If you’re lucky enough to live close to a farm to get local produce, go for it.)
So although this post-plane grocery grab was slightly painful, it was totally worth it.
I was able to grab a load of fresh produce for me and the family and recipe created at the same time.
Hope you’re having a fresh produce-filled summer and enjoy the salad 🙂
- 1 container Arugula salad greens
- 1 cup mini-mini bocconcini cheese (or 1 whole container)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 8 "on the vine" or other fresh tomatoes you prefer
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk together the greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Arrange arugula on 4 plates
- Top with sliced tomatoes, cheese and blueberries, dividing up equally between the plates.
- Drizzle the dressing over top.
- Serve immediately.
- For a quick and full meal, add hummus and pita on the side or brown rice and shrimp skewers or grilled chicken.